Amezola

Amezola
Bilbao
Spain
Project executed by
Envac Iberia
Project status
Completed
Keywords
Spain / City Centre

The system collects the waste of a mixed operational zone, the 60% of the refuse comes from a new development and the remaining 40% comes from the consolidated area, both near to the neighbourhood called Amezola. To minimize both Co2 emissions and fuel consumption were the main reasons for choosing the system.

Adjudicated in 1996 and in operation since 1999, the pipenet of this system is 3,5 Km long. The underground terminal station equipped with 2 cyclones, conveyor table and four containers, collects 10 tons/day of the waste of 3.200 dwellings separately in two fractions (packaging and rest) through 350 outdoor inlets.

Basic project information
CountrySpain
CityBilbao
Project startup1998
In operation since2000
Basic system data
Type of systemStationary Vacuum System
System subtypeSVS 500
Application areaCity Centre
Design capacity11 tons per day
Number of fractions2
Number of inlets350
Total metres of pipe3500
Type of wasteGeneral waste / Rest, Mixed recyclables without paper